Monday, October 3, 2011

Fiesta Lime Chicken


I came across this recipe on A Few Shortcuts and thought it sounded absolutely delicious.  We buy our chicken in bulk from Sams, so I'm always trying to find new chicken recipes to try out.  This one was a hit in our house and I have made it multiple times since I came across it.

Don't exclude the lime from the recipe.  I didn't have one the second time I made this recipe, so I didn't use it.  I didn't realize it was going to make that much of a difference until I bit into it.  The chicken tasted so bland.  So make sure you have the lime or some lime juice.

For the rice, the original recipe uses her own version of Fiesta Rice.  Instead of making my own rice, I've been using the packaged mixes.  I've used both Mexican rice and Taco rice and prefer the Mexican.  So, stuff the chicken with whatever Mexican type rice mix suits your fancy.


Fiesta Lime Chicken

2 chicken breasts (thick enough that it can easy be stuffed)
1 lime
1/2 Tbsp. EVOO
1/2 c. rice
1/2 c. shredded Mexican cheese


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Slice a pocket into your chicken breasts so that you will be able to stuff it.  Do not cut all the way through to the other side.

Come the juice from the lime, olive oil, and some salt and pepper to make a marinade.  Pour this over the chicken breasts.  Let marinate while you prepare the rice (about 30 minutes).

Prepare rice according to the directions.

Discard the marinade and place chicken on a plastic cutting board.  Stuff each breast with a couple tablespoons of rice and some cheese.  Adjust ratios to your tastes.

Place chicken in an oven safe dish and sprinkle tops with some more cheese.

Bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  I like to add a little more cheese to the last 5 minutes of cooking time to melt a little extra.





No comments:

Post a Comment