Monday, March 31, 2014

Theme Park Tips for Ride Chickens

So I'll be the first to admit I'm a chicken when it comes to rides at theme parks.  The little 16 foot drop on Pirates of the Caribbean makes me anxious for goodness sakes.  I'm sure there are others out there like me, so I thought I would do a small series on how to not get anxiety about rides at theme parks.

Today I'm going to share some general tips that you can use at all theme parks and then every other day this week I'm going to share my opinions on all the rides at Walt Disney World.  Hopefully this will help you feel more comfortable and enjoy your time at the theme park!


1. My first tip is research!  Research all the rides at the park you're going to and see what they are like.  Most theme park's have their rides broken down by thrill rides and family rides.  Most family rides will be relatively tame, so those should be safe!

2. YouTube has a ton of ride videos that guests have taken.  This will give you an idea of what a ride looks like before you get to the park.

3. If there is a height requirement for a ride, it's normally because there is some kind of restraint.  Those rides are normally going to go up in the air, have some speed to them, or have a drop.  If you are scared of any of those things, I would avoid those rides.

4. Don't judge a ride based on how happy people are when they come off of it.  Everyone's thrill tolerance is different (even the kids), so if someone is smiling when they come off the ride, that doesn't mean you'll like it.

5. If you're still unsure of a ride, ask a cast member/employee their opinions.  They can tell you whether there are any drops or spinning in the ride that will make your queasy.


If you do your research and know which rides you will enjoy, you will have a blast!  There are a ton of rides at most theme parks for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment