Monday, February 24, 2014

Creating a Home Project List

We’ve been living in the house for about 6 months now and I’m embarrassed to say that I have an entire house that needs to be organized.  Every single drawer, cabinet, and closet in my house is a mess.  There are still a ton of boxes that need to be unpacked.  



Eeek!  So much stuff and no where for it to call home.


It’s time to take control of the situation, so I did what I do best, and I made a list.  



My best tip is to go room by room, figure out what items you have, and what kind of organizing you need to do in each space.  After your list is done, keep it somewhere you can look at it constantly, and then start tackling each space one by one.


I will share my full list with you tomorrow, but here’s an example so that you can get started on yours.


Kitchen
- Pantry
- Utensil drawers
- Small appliances
- Under the sink


Master Bathroom
- Under the sink
- Medicine cabinets
- Linen closet


Laundry Room
- Storage for laundry essentials
- Cleaning supply storage


Garage
- Storage for seasonal items
- Yard tools
- Car care supplies


Having a list breaks everything down into smaller tasks so that you can focus on one thing at a time.  That will make it easier to get things done and not have to spend an entire weekend on a full room organizing product (feel free to do that if you have time though!).  You’ll feel accomplished when you get an item checked off the list and you’ll have one less thing that needs organizing.  


Have you made your 2014 organizing list yet?  If not, get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment