Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Tallahassee Moves

I thought it would be fun to share with you the different places I've lived throughout Tallahassee since I've been here.


When I first moved to Tallahassee, I was a freshman in college, so I lived in the dorm.  Sadly, one of the crappiest dorms on campus.  I was sick the entire time I lived there, so as soon as our freshman year was over, my roommate and I decided to get an apartment.



So, we moved in an apartment across the street from the university.  This apartment wasn't in the best location in town, but it was cheap!  We were also able to adopt my puppy.  After our lease was up, we decided to move to a new apartment in a better location and an apartment with the washer and dryer in the unit.



So, we moved to an apartment a little further away from campus, but in a nicer location.  J was living about a block from us at this point, so it was easy to go between our two apartments.  Sadly, our apartment got broken into at this "nicer location".  My roommate and I had a falling out and J and I decided to move in together.



J and I moved clear across town into an apartment of our own.  It was definitely nice to get away from the university.  This is where we currently live (and have lived for 3 years) and will be moving to the next place in about a month!




So that's my moving story in Tallahassee.  Hopefully the place we're about to move into can be our home for a while.  I would love for the next move after this one to be into a house of our own.


How many times have you moved in your life?  I moved around a lot as a child as well.

2 comments:

  1. Before I moved away from home, my family had only moved twice. After 5 years in Gainesville, I've had 3 apartments, and we're buying our first home now. Luckily, we've never had any break ins (knock on wood). I hope you had good renter's insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've moved so few times! I've moved well over 30 times in my life, I actually stopped counting when I got to college and I think I've lived in 15 places since coming to UF 7 years ago. Growing up an army brat, packing things up and moving along becomes second nature. This will be the first time I've renewed a lease and its starting to freak me out a bit!

    I think I might take yo up on this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete