Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Camera Strap Covers

After wearing my camera around my neck for 3 days at the theme park, I realized how uncomfortable the standard strap is.  I don't want to worry about my neck hurting while on our cruise, so I'm on the hunt for a cute (and comfortable) camera strap or camera strap cover.

These are all from Designs by Jesse.  She's currently offering 15% off everything in her store, so all her camera straps are only $24.65, plus $2 shipping.

This one is ready to ship, but it's 45".  Not sure I want my strap that long.

This one is also ready to ship, but again, 45".

This one is a custom order, so I can make it to anything length I want it.  Not sure I like the two sided pattern though.

This one is also a custom order.



These next ones are from SewTamz on Etsy.  Her prices vary depending on the strap and so does the shipping.  Most of her straps come made with minky on the back, which would make it extra soft.  Most of her covers are made to fit a 1.5" wide strap, but mine is skinnier, so I think she's have to make a custom one for me.

This one is $19.99 with $3.50 shipping.

$19.99 plus $3.50 shipping.  She said she has a teal minky that matches the teal dot.  I think that would be adorable!

I also really like the black polka dot fabric she has.  I would probably be boring and mix it with a black minky though.  This one is $19.99 but with $2.99 shipping.



Have any of you had experience with either of these companies?  If so, I'd love to hear your opinions.

Also, which camera strap would you pick?

3 comments:

  1. I ordered one from Designs by Jessie a couple years ago, and I wasn't very impressed. It wasn't very comfortable and would always move around. Maybe it had something to do with the fabric of the design I chose, but I didn't use it for very long.
    I then ordered a 2nd one from a place I wish I had written it down. It was basic black damask with black minky ( was worried about the minky showing dirt and other things. I love it. I will say measure how long you want it and then add 3-4 inches. I also left mine at the 1.5 in case I ever change to a wider strap. DH even likes how subtle my strap is so he doesn't feel it's too girly when he wears it. I really love the black and teal circles with grey minky.
    If you like the black and white polka dot, why not add a bit of color with the minky in a teal, pink or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your opinion. I really appreciate it.

    I'm glad I posted this. You weren't happy with Designs by Jessie and I had someone on twitter tell me they've been waiting on an order from Sew Tamz for over 2 months now.

    I think I've found another seller on etsy to go with since I got bad reviews for both of these people. She has a lot of the same fabric as them though, so I'm still trying to figure out which one I like the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I actually haven't looked at any camera straps online, I'm considering making padded one for my husband (who loves his DSLR, but it's getting a little heavy with all his new lenses and flashes). I'd choose the one with the minky-ness on one side. It seems like it would be SO soft against your neck. Love.

    ReplyDelete