Sunday, October 17, 2010

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Fall is my favorite time of year.  Mostly because I love everything pumpkin and this is the time of year when you can find all that.

I had about a cup of pumpkin leftover after making some pumpkin butter, so I went on the search for a pumpkin recipe that I could use it up with.  That's when I came across iced pumpkin cookies.  And they are absolutely delicious!

Sorry for the horrible picture.  These were the last two cookies left and I had forgotten to take a picture.

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 c. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine dry ingredients; set aside.

In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar.  Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix until creamy.

Slowly mix in dry ingredients.

Drop on cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop.  Flatten slightly.  These cookies will not spread much at all.

Bake for 15-20 minutes.

While the cookies are baking, make your glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.  Add more milk until you get to a drizzling consistently.

Cool the cookies completely and drizzle icing on with a fork.


Recipe adapted from Delicious Melicious.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh goodness. I should have marked this one as read. It looks like the TASTIEST. COOKIE. EVER.

    ReplyDelete