Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chicken Pastina

We are huge pasta eaters in our house, but we often get tired of the same dish all the time.  So I'm always on the search for new Italian dishes for us to try.  I stumbled across this Chicken Pastina Bake on Chef Mommy and thought it sounded yummy.  

J loved this dish, but I personally found it a little bland.  I'll probably make it again, but next time I'll only do half a can of diced tomatoes and half pasta sauce.



Chicken Pastina
Serves 4

1 c. pasta (I used penne)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese (I used shredded, but you could also use grated)
1 Tbsp. butter

Preheat over to 400 degrees.

Cook pasta until al dente.  Drain.

Put olive oil in saute pan and cook up chicken.  

Put the chicken into a bowl with the cooked pasta.  Add tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Stir to combine.  Place the mixture in a greased baking pan.  

Sprinkle bread crumbs and Parmesan over pasta mixture.  Dot top with butter.

Bake until golden brown, which takes about 30 minutes.


Recipe adapted from Chef Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment