Monday, August 25, 2014

Shave Time, Shave Money

I've been a member of the Dollar Shave Club for a couple months, so when they asked if I would write an article on how to shave time and money, I happily obliged! 

This time of year is especially crazy for our family since J is a teacher and I work at a university.  Back to school is nuts and we don't even have kids!  Here are a few of my favorite tips for saving yourself some time, while also saving yourself some money.

1. Every Sunday, I go grocery shopping.  As soon as I get home, I portion out the fruits and veggies into smaller packages.  This saves so much time when making lunches for the week because I just have to put them in our lunchbox.  I've found that being prepared for lunches makes me more likely to actually take my lunch and not eat out.

2. Bouncing off of lunch, I make sure both of us have reusable lunch boxes and water bottles so that we don't waste paper bags and plastic bottles all the time.  Good for the environment and our wallet!

3. New clothes are always a necessity for fall.  Instead of doing one huge shopping trip, we plan it out over a couple weeks so that we can shop the sales.  Yes, it doesn't save time, but it saves so much money! 

4. I've recently developed a cleaning schedule for our house which is working wonderfully for us.  Instead of letting everything pile up and then spending hours deep cleaning the house, we have a couple tasks to do every night and that helps us keep up with the cleaning and organizing. 

5. For a lot of our household necessities (cleaning supplies, toiletries, paper products, etc), I've turned to shopping online.  I don't have to run out to the store which saves me time and you can find a ton of great deals on the internet.  Amazon Subscribe and Save is a great way to order things you need for a great price.

As I mentioned above, I recently signed up for Dollar Shave Club which has definitely saved me time and money.  If you didn't already know, razor blades are expensive!  I use the most expensive blades they have at $9 a delivery and have them delivered every 2 months.  They're drastically cheaper than the blades I used to use and work just as well!  I highly recommend it if you're in the market for some cheaper razors. 

Check Out How the Dollar Shave Club can help Shave Time, Shave Money


What are you doing to help Shave Time, Shave Money?

I was not compensated for this post.  I love the Dollar Shave Club and wanted to help them out with their Shave Time, Shave Money campaign.  My referral link is included in the post and I get $5 off my subscription for every person who signs up under me.  You can do the same if you sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment