Here is a list of the most important people you need to notify of your address change:
- Family & Friends
- All financial institutions (banks, credit card companies, loan companies, etc.)
- Cell phone provider
- DMV (to change the address on your license)
- Voter Registration
- Doctor (if you will no longer be using the same doctor, make sure to get a copy of your medical records)
- Insurance providers
- Vet (if you will no longer be using the same vet, make sure to get a copy of your pet’s medical records)
- Schools (if you have children)
- Magazine subscriptions
- Alumni associations and any organizations that you belong to
Also, make sure to change your address on your luggage tags. If your bags go missing on your next vacation, you don’t want them to be sent back to your old residence.
To help ensure that I change my address with everyone, I have been making a list for the past couple of months of the companies that I receive mail from. All the ones that I need or want to continue receiving mail from, I add them to my list for notification.
Is there anyone important that I am forgetting on this list?