When traveling by car, you obviously have everything you need somewhere in the vehicle. You don't want to have to stop every time you need something though. I recommend packing a small tote bag to keep your essentials within arms reach during your drive.
1. Travel pillow -- Car seats can get uncomfortable, so get a neck pillow to help you be more comfortable
2. Sleep mask -- If you're driving for long periods of time, you might want to nap while it's still light out. Get a sleep mask to help make it a little darker.
3. Sunglasses -- Protect your eyes in the bright sun!
4. Kindle/Nook -- Add tons of books and movies to keep your entertained
5. Pain reliever -- In case the dreaded headache strikes
6. Socks -- I know my feet always get cold in the car
7. Phone charger -- Just in case
8. iPod -- Make a huge playlist to get you in the mood for fun
9. Snacks -- You don't want to stop every time you get hungry