Monday, December 12, 2011

Cake Balls

Most people have heard of the famous Cake Balls by now.  They're the delicious balls of cake surrounded by chocolate from Bakerella.  I made them a couple Christmases ago and now they're requested every single year.  

What You Need:
- Box of cake mix (I used Red Velvet)
- Can of frosting that complements your cake (I used cream cheese)
- Chocolate bark (Used white chocolate/vanilla)

1. Bake the cake according to the directions on the box.  Let it cool completely.


2. After the cake cools, crumble it into a bowl.


3. Mix the frosting with the crumbled cake.


4. Roll the mixture into balls.  I did mine about an inch in diameter.  You can make yours whatever size you want depending on preference.

5. Chill the balls in the fridge for a few hours.  I recommend overnight.

6. Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave and dip the balls in it.  I recommend doing small sections at a time to keep the chocolate more workable.

7. Decorate the tops in whatever fashion you want immediately and then eat after the chocolate has hardened.

2 comments:

  1. I will never, ever make a cake ball ever again. So delicious but soooo much work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're such a pain, but they always get requested for me to make. My MIL wants me to make them this year, but I can't find red velvet boxed mix for the life of me.

    ReplyDelete