Friday, March 25, 2011

RIP Grandpa

I've been waiting for this day to come for over a year now.  Shortly after our wedding, my grandfather was diagnosed with stomach cancer.  There was nothing they could do to fix it.

At lunch time on Thursday, I got the call from my dad.  My grandfather had passed away.  I never even got to say goodbye.


This was the last picture we had taken together.  I went up to Wisconsin in 2008.  I'm so glad I was able to see him before he passed away.

Love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. rip. I am sorry for your loss. I lost my grandpa back in 2006 and not a day goes by that I dont miss him! He took care of my sister and i graduated high school in 2001. He let my younger sis and I stay in his rental house rent free and paid all of our bills, furnished us with new furniture and bought us brand new cars...he really took care of us and I appreciate it so much! Once loved ones pass life is never the same again. I can only imagine how it will be when I lose my parents! I totally understand how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Peace and comfort to you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete