Thursday, July 15, 2010

French Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Filling

I didn't really have time to make a homemade cake for Jason's birthday, so I used a bunch of store bought items and put them together to make a delicious cake.


I took a store bought french vanilla cake and cooked it up in two 9" circular pans.  After they came out of the oven, I let them cool for a couple hours.

When they were cool, I leveled off the bottom cake with a bread knife.  

I took some store-bought raspberry jam and cooked it down in the microwave for a couple minutes to make it spreadable.  Then, I spread it on the bottom layer of the cake.  

After I put the cake together, I covered it in store bought buttercream frosting.

It turned out absolutely delicious even though it was all store bought products.


1 comment: